By popular demand, we have reinitiated our Will-Call order option for customers who want the option to pick up their parts at our facility. This gives folks the option to get their orders as soon as they are boxed up and ready to go out the doors and it gives us a chance to interact with our customers. The influx of tuners to our office has brought with it some awesome cars driven by enthusiasts like Orlando, who brought down his incredible 8P A3 for some information on tuning software.
Orlando bought the Audi in 2013 and immediately began to upgrade it. Some key features you may notice upon first glances are the carbon fiber side skirts, hatch spoiler, and sport bumper conversion. These subtle exterior modifications, paired with the beautiful purple factory paint, hint at the real work Orlando has invested into the little hatchback’s power plant.
The TFSI engine powering this A3 has received extra special treatment over the five years Orlando has spent with the car. Prominently displayed are the APR carbon fiber intake and Integrated Engineering intake manifold, but little else is visible thanks to the compact engine bay. Just because you can’t see it, though, doesn’t mean it won’t hurt you. The K04 turbo-powered engine produces 354awhp and 388lb/ft of torque to make this 8P one to contend with some of the most powerful production sedans on the market, despite being an older Audi.
Reigning in all that power are Porsche big brakes retrofitted from a Cayenne and stuffed under the front wheels. In the rear are the other Porsche calipers alongside a dual caliper setup for independent braking between the parking brake and foot brake to ensure the rear wheels lock when he wants. All that face-ripping stopping power makes this beefed-up hatchback something safer to drive, according to Orlando, who hinted that ‘it stops very quickly from 150mph to 0.’ I won’t question how he knows this, but it definitely proves the need for brakes capable of handling upped power.
Orlando has tastefully modified his 8P A3 to be subtle, yet interesting, powerhouse. Enthusiasts like him are the driving force behind ECS and the results of their work are our pride and joy. We want to say a special thank you to Orlando for bringing his Audi by today for us to enjoy. Remember, you too can be a part of the ECS story when you come by for parts. If you are local (or up for a good road trip), you can request a Will-Call option and we will see you in the lobby when you come by for a personal hand-delivery. Stay tuned for more customer features and keep building!
See more of this car on Instagram @Orlandovlore
• Complete APR Cold Air Intake
• DV+ Performance Diverter Valve
• Carbon Fiber Spoiler
• Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
• Carbon Fiber Side Skirt
• Rs4 19’ Wheels
• Stage 5 Big Brake Kit – Slotted 358x32mm Rotors
• Rear Big Brake Kit – Plain Rotors (310×22) Brembo 4 Pistons
• Integrated Engineering 2.0T FSI/TSI Intake Manifold- Red
• IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI Recirculating Catch Can Kit
• CTS Turbo Gen 3 Downpipe – w/o Cat (MK6 1.8/2.0 EA888.3)
• Jetex Audi A3 2.0FSI Exhaust Quad Pipes
• Torque Solution TS-VW-012 Engine Mounts
• SPM Trans mount
• SPM Sway Bar REAR_FRONT Kit
• ECS SIDE-TO-SIDE SHIFTER
• ECS 6-Speed Clutch Bleeder Block
• The Neuspeed short shift kit
• Neuspeed Hi-Flow Turbo Discharge Conversion kit
• Neuspeed Hi-Flo Intercooler Pipe Conversion
• Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler
• H&R Street Performance SS Coilover Kit
• AWE TUNING RELEASES VENT MOUNTED BOOST GAUGE
• R8 Red Coils
• APR KO4 Turbo
• South Bend Stage 2 Daily Clutch and Flywheel Kit
• S3 Straight Bottom Steering Wheel