Click HERE for Printable PDF
These instructions have been created to assist you in the installation of your new Audi B9 A4 Exact-Fit Brake Line Set. We will cover a few main points which will ensure that the lines are routed properly, providing you with the superior pedal feel, and long service life which you expect from our Exact-Fit product line.
Be sure to read these instructions and have all necessary tools on hand before you begin your installation. Thank you for looking to ECS Tuning for all your performance and repair needs, we appreciate your business!
Don’t forget to bleed the air bubbles out of all of the brake lines after this installation. If you have no experience bleeding brakes, be sure to consult a professional before attempting the procedure. If you do have previous experience bleeding brakes, our Schwaben European Pressure Brake Bleeder is the perfect tool to get you back on the road quickly and easily! It can be found on our website at ES#2774831.
- RH refers to the passenger side of the vehicle.
- LH refers to the driver side of the vehicle.
- Always use the proper torque specifications.
- If applicable to this installation, torque specifications will be listed throughout the document and at the end as well.
- Please read all of these instructions and familiarize yourself with the complete process BEFORE you begin.
General Preparation and Safety Information:
ECS Tuning cares about your health and safety. Please read the following safety information. This information pertains to automotive service in general, and while it may not pertain to every job you do, please remember and share these important safety tips.
- Park your car in a safe, well lit, level area.
- Shut the engine off and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Make sure any remote start devices are properly disabled.
- ALWAYS wear safety glasses.
- Make sure the parking brake is applied until the vehicle is safely lifted and supported.
- If using an automotive lift, be sure and utilize the factory specified lift points.
- Lifting a vehicle in an incorrect location can cause damage to the suspension/running gear.
- When lifting a vehicle using a jack, always utilize the factory specified lift points. Lifting a vehicle in an incorrect location can cause damage to the suspension/running gear.
- ALWAYS support the vehicle with jack stands.
- Always read and follow all safety information and warnings for the equipment you are using.
NEVER get underneath a vehicle that is supported only by a jack, and ALWAYS make sure that the vehicle is securely supported on jack stands.
Don’t forget to bleed all of the air bubbles out of the brake lines after this installation.
Front Exact-Fit Line Routing:
Let’s take a moment and look at the line routing for the front Exact-Fit Brake Line. These Exact-Fit Brake Lines are designed to utilize the factory mounting bracket on the back side of the knuckle, so we placed two rubber grommets on the Exact-Fit Brake Line which are to be inserted into the mounting bracket holes. It is very important to install the grommets into the correct holes, or the Exact-Fit Brake Line can come into contact with moving components as the suspension travels up and down.
Please reference the photo below, you can see that the Exact-Fit Brake Line connects to the chassis-mounted brake line near the top left of the image. The Exact-Fit Brake Line is then routed around the back side of the strut assembly, and the first grommet is inserted into the LOWER mounting hole in the bracket, then the line then loops back around and the second grommet is inserted into the UPPER mounting hole in the bracket. The line is then routed and connected to the brake caliper.
NOTE: This photo shows the Front RH (Passenger) side of the vehicle, the Front LH (Driver) side will be a mirror image.
Rear Exact-Fit Line Routing:
The rear Exact-Fit Brake Line simply connects to the chassis-mounted brake line, then it is routed directly to the rear brake caliper. It is important to ensure that the Exact-Fit Brake Line is not twisted or kinked during routing, and be sure to install the Exact-Fit Brake Line to the caliper as shown in the inset photo.
Interested in purchasing? Click HERE to shop now!